Real Estate CPD
Online Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for NSW Real Estate Agents (incl. Business Agents), Stock & Station, Strata Management & ORPM.
Select your state or territory below to find the right CPD for you.
Real Estate CPD Courses By State/Territory
Assistant Agent (Certificate of Registration)
Assistant Agents / Certificate of Registration holders in NSW need to complete a minimum of three additional units of learning each CPD year. The CPD year starts 23rd of March and ends on the 22nd of March the following year. The units of learning come from the CPP41419 – Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice.
Option 1: Enrol in the full Certificate IV CPP41419 (18 units) also known as the Class 2 Real Estate Agent Course. Completing this course will fulfil all of your Assistant Agent CPD requirements.
Option 2: Enrol once per year into one of the following groups which are made up of units from the Certificate IV CPP41419. There are four groups in total, one for each CPD year.
Assistant Agent, Class 2 & Class 1 CPD
Fulfil your entire yearly CPD requirements for the ACT by enrolling into our course below:
ACT AGENTS CPD (PM & SALES)
$299 incl. GST
GET YOUR FULL 12 POINTS FOR THE YEAR!
- Category 2 CPD Session – Live Zoom Webinar with a real estate guru with over 30+ years of experience! (4 hours for 4 CPD points).
Sessions held once per month. Join anytime!
- Category 3 CPD – 1 unit of learning: CPPREP4101 – Appraise property for sale or lease.
Self paced online learning. (8 CPD points).
Don’t Delay! Secure your 2023 CPD:
Our Real Estate CPD courses:
- Include engaging learning materials.
- Are delivered online & accessible from any device, 24/7.
- Are designed to help students learn particular CPD topics efficiently and within the required hours of learning.
- Include a CPD Certificate of Completion or Statement of Attainment (as per your course/CPD type) on successful completion.
Frequently Asked Questions For Real Estate CPD
What does CPD stand for in real estate?
CPD stands for continuing professional development, which is a yearly undertaking for agents in some states across Australia.
What is CPD in real estate for NSW?
NSW Fair Trading regulator requires all agents to undertake further training each year to improve the knowledge and skills of agents and to reduce the risks to consumers from poor service and advice.
Is it law?
Yes, it is law and all NSW real estate agents are required to complete CPD each CPD Year.
What happens if I don’t do my CPD?
You are then non-compliant with the laws regulating the industry relating to CPD.
What can I do if I didn’t complete last years CPD?
The regulator makes it clear not doing your CPD is a serious non-compliance so rectifying this non-compliance as soon as you find out is crucial. Do not delay! Enrol as soon as possible.
When do I need to do my CPD?
A CPD year is 23rd of March until the 22nd of March the following year.
So you have to be holding an outcome, either a statement of attainment or CPD certificate of completion, before the 23rd of each year.
How many CPD points do I need for real estate?
CPD points for real estate were phased out in 2020, with the start of the new CPD requirements of set hours for the different real estate tiers (class 1, class 2, assistant agent).
Assistant Agent NSW
Can I just do 3 units of learning each CPD year or can I do more if I want to?
Yes, you can just choose to do a minimum of three units of learning for each CPD year or you can do more.
If I finish the certificate IV CPP41419 in six months, do I need to do more CPD each year after I finish the course?
No – you have completed the requirement for the term of your certificate of registration.
Can I enrol into the full Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice before I start working in real estate?
Yes, you can.
If I am approved for my Certificate of Registration closer to the end of the CPD year do I need to do three CPD units before the 22nd of March?
- If your approval date on your certificate of registration issued by NSW Fair Trading is dated within 90 days of the 22nd of March, then no CPD is required.
- If your approval date was after 22nd of June and before 23rd of December that same calendar year, one unit of learning is required to be completed from the CPP41419 qualification.
- If your approval was dated after the 22nd of March and before the 22nd of June of the same calendar year, you are required to do three units of learning.
- Each CPD year after that – A minimum of three units of learning must be completed.
At the end of my fourth year certificate expiry date, what happens if I haven’t applied for the class 2 agent licence?
You are required to stop working as an agent. In 12 months’ time, you will be able to apply for your certificate of registration once again and the process starts all over with your current qualification.
What are the benefits of enrolling into the full qualification CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice compared to paying a smaller fee and enrolling into the five subject course you call assistant agent course?
Great question and one we get asked a lot.
- You have all you need to enter the industry.
- All your CPD requirements completed in one course.
- You can apply for the full class 2 real estate agent license after a minimum of one year as an assistant agent.
- All your education records are conveniently in one place.
- You can log in at any time and continue your studies, especially on rainy days.
- You will pay less for the course than doing 3 subjects at a time
- Saves panic and stress from forgetting to do your CPD and saves the hassle of looking at websites, reviewing CPD rules, subjects, prices, procrastination and forgetting due to being so busy every year. It happens so often, and it is unfair.
- You become professional and good habits form
The information contained on this webpage reflects Connect Skills Institute’s best understanding of information acquired from NSW Fair Trading’s website and Access Canberra and all associated legislation at the date of this webpages last updated publication (28/09/23).
For more information:
NSW Fair Tradings real estate CPD webpage
Access Canberra CPD webpage
What Our Students Have To Say
Speak To Our Team
Book in for a callback with one of our course advisors to discuss your unique situation and needs.