There is a range of regulations and legislation that may apply to property sales and management for real estate in Australia.
Legislation is a law that has been made and enacted by a legislature, such as a parliament.
There are many laws that apply to real estate practice. Keep in mind this list does not cover all the legislation that affects real estate practice, but is a summary of what agents could consider most important.
Legislation often gets updated and changed. This list of legislation was current at the time of publication.
- Property Occupations Act 2014
- Agents Financial Administration Act 2014
- Queensland Civil and Administration Tribunal Act 2009
- Residential Tenancies and Rooming Act 2008
For more information on QLD Acts and Regulations, go to www.legislation.qld.gov.au
New South Wales
- Property and Stock Agents Act 2002 No 66
- Property and Stock Agents Regulation 2014
- Residential Tenancies Act 2010
For more information on NSW Acts and Regulations, go to www.legislation.nsw.gov.au
- Estate Agents Act 1980
- Residential Tenancies Act 1997
- Retail Leases Act 2003
- Sale of Land Act 1962
- Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal Act 1998
For more information on Victorian Acts and Regulations, go to www.legislation.vic.gov.au