1. Perfect Your Dress & Style To Impress Clients
2. Use the FORM Method To Keep Clients Engaged
If you’re struggling to make conversation, something helpful for property managers and sales is to remember the FORM method in making small talk and creating conversation if you are starting out or struggling for words.
People love to talk about themselves, and I’m sure you’ve heard that before.
So what are some things you can ask and talk to clients about?
In no particular order:
- Family/Friends – talking about their family and friends
- Occupation – talking about their work
- Recreation – talk about their hobbies
- Motivation – talk about what motivates them and their dreams
Step 3: Listen To The Client
4. Answer Client Questions with Honesty and Integrity
5. Make Use Of Body Language
Lastly, remember there is unspoken communication to consider.
- Don’t cross your arms or turn away from the client. These are negative.
- Always remove your shoes before going inside, or at least offer- and don’t park in the driveway or on the owner’s lawn or next doors lawn.
- Mirroring is always an excellent way to create rapport with clients. Reflect and copy clients in where you are facing your body.
Reading body language can be a way to tell if the client is interested or not.
When showing the client something like a proposal, the client may lean forward in their chair or at the table, which shows interest or engagement, so you should do the same.
Get rid of nervous energy and replace it with focused energy, mind and body on the client and what they are saying to you.
This doesn’t always need to be a conscious effort on your part. Usually, we do these things unconsciously!
So good luck, keep a positive mind, you’ve got this!
See you in the next one 🙂